Tuesday 10 July 2012

Traveling Outfit - Papercut leggings and Burda cap sleeve dress

Over the last month I spent 28 hours on airplanes and 26 hours driving as we toured the Northwest visiting former colleagues and family.  Before I left I had just enough time to whip up a 'traveling' outfit.  Comfort was my main priority, but I wanted it to be presentable too.  Not shown in these photos is I often dressed it up with a large black bead necklace and silver bangles.  These photos aren't great, I have to twist my photographer's arm to get a photo, and then I typically only get the one shot.  I think it looks better IRL, at least that's what I tell myself
For the dress I used Burdastyle Cap Sleeve Shift Dress #130, for the leggings I used Ooh La Leggings by Papercut patterns. 


I have wanted to wear leggings forever, but my DH is dead set against them.  I finally bought the Papercut pattern, and I love my leggings!  I really like that it doesn't have a center back seam all the way up to my waist, they feel so comfortable, and no wedgies!  The shift was really quick, I bought some 'ponte' knit and whipped it up in an evening.  It's a bit tight around the hips, but I gained about 5 pounds on the trip, once I lose that the dress should be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment